Achoo's, watery eyes, coughing, and that lovely yellow dust that covers everything in site. Yes it's official pollen is here! While the bees love it, my allergic household suffers. We have found that these natural tips help ease our suffering...
1) Drink at least 8 to 10 cups of pure water daily to support the natural cleansing systems in your body.
2) For aggravated asthmatic symptoms, you might want to supplement with sea buckthorn. Sea buckthorn has been used extensively in Traditional Chinese Medicine for lung conditions and asthma.
3) Drink green tea. Green tea is packed with a powerful antioxidant phytonutrient called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) that blocks histamine and immunoglobulin E (IgE).
4) An apple a day keeps the doctor away... Quercetin is an antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-histamine phytonutrient. Quercetin has an excellent ability to reduce allergy symptoms and to improve lung function. Apples are excellent sources of quercetin.
5) Skip the sugar. Sugar is highly acid- and mucus-forming, helping to aggravate allergies.
6) Pineapple taken on an empty stomach, Bromelain, an enzyme extracted from pineapple, treats sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, and other respiratory disorders; acts as an anti-inflammatory; and reduces lung swelling.
7) Flush your sinuses. Use a neti pot, think of a small teapot, you can flush your sinuses with a salt-water solution. Remember to use distilled H2O.
8) Although it's tempting keep windows shut to keep the pollen outdoors.
9) Don't forget to wash the dog, our beloved pets can have allergies too, if you see Fido scratching chances are he has allergies too :)